video!!!

Charles Jackie

:Seperator bar Lower

E-mail-Courriel: oldmaison@yahoo.com
News - Stories and Rants

Tuesday 29 March 2016

Fredericton's VERY talented Singer Mike Bravener looking for financial help but no takers!!!...0%!!!!!






Visit the link below....he makes a good point...lots of visits but no cash...:(

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chapters-adventures-in-a-bookstore#/

Contact • See More Details CHAPTERS (adventures in a book store)

As an entertainer and artist people love to take a memory of your show home with them. They also enjoy a great story delivered in a memorable manner. At The Farmer's Market a woman stopped me and told me how much her father plays my 2nd CD, "He loves that style of music and your singing!" she told me. Now I want to record an album of original material, in a studio, with a live band. I love the "folk" and rockabilly music of the late 40's and 50's and I've written a number of songs in that style that tell stories of people, tell about me feelings, and journey to this point. These songs came about over the last 8 years. During this time I worked in retail at a bookstore for minimum wage. You get to meet a lot of fantastic people with great stories, BUT It's my own story I want to tell. I have a Master's degree in Divinity, but there I was, on the verge of bankruptcy, working in retail - WHY?? Because it gave me the freedom to teach guitar and voice, be available to sing at a private party at the drop of a hat. I met so many people who would tell me "Never give up!" I also preached at 2 churches every sunday, because in desperate times you PRAY, and pray a lot. You look for help from a source way beyond your abilities. While you are cleaning up human feces from the store floor, you ask "What am I doing, Why am I doing this, and when will things get better?"This CD which will be called "Chapters (adventures in a bookstore)" Will feature 12 songs that came out of the stories i heard, and my personal experiences of following my heart, and never giving up.

What I Need & What You Get

So to break it down for you folks in more detail:

I'm looking for $10,000.00 to record and produce 1000 CD's and 300 Vinyl copies.

A lot of folks tell me that today's music business is a young persons business. I started at the age of 40 and now 14 years later, I'm still going! My first 2 CD's sold out!! Living in Fredericton NB and not in Toronto, or a bigger area hasn't stopped me from developing this career, at this point in my life!

I Need your help to accomplish this! The music business has changed so much and gone are the days when a "label" would pay and produce your project unless you of course are an already established multi-million dollar making artist.

The Impact

Here's what difference you will make by getting involved

You will become the employer to 6 local musicians in the studio.

You will be a co-producer of a recording that will last forever.

You will be helping a studio engineer, a graphic artist and others earn money

You will be helping 100's or more people have a memory that they can listen to.

You will be helping me to continue make a living. Your taxes go towards arts grants so this just cuts out the middle man, so to speak.

My last 2 CD's ( 1000 copies each ) sold out!!

I make about $20,000 - $25,000.00 a year in my music career and roughly 20 - 30% of my entertainment income comes from the sales of my CD's.

No comments :

Post a Comment